John David Levy (b. 1977) is an award-winning American filmmaker, sreenwriter, photographer and artist from the San Francisco Bay Area. His passion for cinema began in early childhood and his work as a filmmaker by his mid teens working with video, 8mm and 16mm cameras and editing on flat beds and Avid. He studied film and screenwriting at College of Marin while volunteering as a Production Assistant on numerous student film productions for friends attending the Academy of Art, SF.
In 2009 he attended artist residencies for a Summer in the Mediterranean (Saint Exupery, Nice, France. Sienna, Italy. Barcelona, San Sebastian, Spain).
In 2010 he co-founded the collective La Belle Aurore Films now expanded into the Cinesthesia Creative Collective.
In 2011 he directed the experimental love story, THE GHOST OF LOVE, cited by Moon In The Gutter as “A haunting work.”
• CODA (2010)
• THE GHOST OF LOVE (2011)
• TABULA RASA (2012)
• THE ACORN CACHE (2015)
• THE DISAPPEARANCE (2017) - Successfully funded on Kickstarter
• EONS OF SUNSETS HAVE NOTHING ON YOU (2018)
• BLOWN AWAY (2018)
• THE 33RD PARALLEL (2018)
• A QUIET THUNDER (2019) - Successfully funded on Indiegogo
• MOUNTAIN SONG (2019)
• TENDER, SEMI-TONE (2019)
• SINCERELY YOURS (2019) - Post Production
• EVERY SOUL INVITED (2019) - Post Production
• MONOLITH (2019) - Production
• THE YAWNING VOID (2019) - Production
• SEA OF TRANQUILITY (2020) - Pre-Production